Love this kind of stuff but damn did I get owned while playing it live (6:50):
A downloadable game for Windows
Made for LD38 jam
Two tiny armies fight each other for glory!
HOW TO PLAY:
- You are the red army.
- You must score more points than the blue army within 3 minutes.
- You score points by getting your soldiers to the end of their lanes.
Secure control points to make your soldiers stronger.
- Up - choose top lane
- Left - choose mid lane
- Down - choose bot lane
- Space - spawn soldier in lane
- Don't spam! think about placement
- You get 5 Souls every 5 seconds, each soldier costs 1 soul.
- At 20 Seconds you get 10 Souls, at 60, 15 souls and at 90 20 souls per 5 seconds.
- Top lane is closer to you than bot lane. Make sure you secure that power up!
- Mid lane is good for sneaking units in.
This is our first game jam and LD. I joined on the 22nd and did all the coding from scratch. A majority of the art was from my old projects. Cris joined the project in the final 3 hours and wrote all the music and stingers!
We used one sound sample for the ambience which we did not create ourselves.
- Yap Audio Production - Attribution License (Edited with a Low Pass Filter) http://www.freesound.org/people/Yap_Audio_Production/sounds/218522/
- GameMaker Studio 2
- Logic X
Big thanks to the people who gave me support on stream! This was an extremely fun experience and I will definitely be back for the next LD!
PS: I've only done about an 1hr of testing - also this is my first time creating AI so please let me know if you find anything funny.
- Fixed timer placement on fullscreen mode to be center of screen.
- Tweaked AI to be more aggressive. (The game should be harder now)
- Changed main menu text to show controls.
- Added logo to main menu.
- Fixed music to start on main menu.